Classic Loafer – The Characteristics of classic loafer are:
- Lace-less shoe
- Low shoes, i.e. the ankle is exposed, and they do not wrap snugly around the ankle
- Separate sole
- A low heel
- The upper vamp has a moccasin-like construction
- Sometimes loafers feature a piece of leather across the vamp, which is known as a saddle
Types of loafer:
- Penny Loafer - Their design included a distinctive strip of leather of the shoe with a diamond-shaped cut-out.
- Horsebit loafer - It’s a moccasin style construction which is hand sewn. It has this horse bit which is gold, not silver.
- Driving loafer - leather or suede moccasins with rubber-grommet sole were invented for men who wanted extra grip while driving seriously gorgeous Italian roadsters.
- Tassel Loafer - The tassel loafer has laces that go around the extremes of the shoe through different tunnels and which extreme converge in the instep where stays the characteristic of the decoration.